Reservations only and Hours
We take reservations on weekends from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Last time to get on the water is 2:00pm and everyone is off the water by 3:00pm.
On weekdays, we’re normally closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. The rest of the week we make ourselves available whenever possible. We take weekday reservations on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm and off the water by 2:00 pm. Don’t hesitate to call if you want a different time, however. We’ll try our best to accommodate the time you want to paddle.
For same day service on a weekday, be sure to give us a call and get your reservation in by noon.
Single Kayaks are $15 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour.
Standup Paddleboards (SUPs) and Double Kayaks are $20 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour.
Canoes are $30 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour.
The Craigcat Electric Catamaran is $45 per hour with a 2 hour minimum.
The 2000 Malibu Wakesetter is $145 per hour for the first 2 hours with a 2 hour minimum. Each additional hour is discounted to $125. Price does not include Sales Tax (8.25%) or 20% Gratuity for Mandatory Captain.
The 2012 Super Air Nautique is $175 per hour for the first 2 hours with a 2 hour minimum. Each additional hour is discounted to $145. Price does not include Sales Tax (8.25%) or 20% Gratuity for Mandatory Captain.
NOTE: Let us know if you want to book a full day or if you have a large party. Additional discounts are available for 1/2 and full day rentals.
ATX Peace Paddling is a local mobile Kayak and Stand Up Paddle Board Rental Company, serving Steiner Ranch and all other Lake Austin communities. We are a local family run business.
Parking is at 1206 Summit Edge Drive, Austin, TX 78732.
The launch point is at Steiner Ranch Lake Club ramp, located at 12300 River Bend, Austin, TX 78732. We’ll shuttle you down to the launch point in one of our open air SUV’s.
We offer SUPs, single and tandem Kayaks, canoes, wakeboard boat rentals and even a sweet little electric catamaran. We have something for every skillset and fitness level, including plenty of options that are very stable, easy to paddle, and fun!!
Come Paddle Lake Austin and enjoy the beautiful water and scenery connected to Steiner Ranch!
You will experience:
Beautiful scenery, lots of wildlife, great exercise, and you can bring the whole family!
directions & Parking
At Peace Paddling, we launch our SUPs, Kayaks, canoes and boats at the boat ramp next to the Steiner Ranch Boat Club.
However, the parking at the Steiner Ranch Boat Club is for Steiner Ranch residents only and you MUST have a parking pass displayed on your dash or your car will very likely get towed. It’s a bummer, but that’s the way it’s going these days. #COVID2020
So, we’ve setup private parking in our lot at 1206 Summit Edge Dr, Austin, TX 78732. We will meet you there, get your release agreement, take payment, get all your gear, give instructions if needed, and shuttle you down to the water in our open air SUV’s so you can get your party started!
Please download, read, print and sign this Peace Paddling Release Agreement and bring it with you with your photo identification.
How do I make a reservation?
- We’re a little old school, but we’ve tried to keep it simple. Just give us a call at (512) 839-5510 and we’ll get you all taken care of. We can answer any additional questions about your specific needs.
How do I pay?
- You can pay with cash or credit card in person. We use the square mobile card reader and we can email or text you a receipt. If you’re eager to get on the water, cash is quick!
Are Kayaks Stable?
- The kayaks we rent are very stable. They handle the boat waves with ease and are designed for all skill levels
Do I need to be in shape to Kayak or Paddle Board?
- Kayaking and Paddleboarding are physical activities, however you can paddle at any pace you are comfortable with. Paddle hard and steady for a good workout or just cruise and float slowly while enjoying the peaceful scenery.
Can I bring my dog out on the kayak or paddleboard?
- Yes. Some people like to bring their dogs out on the water. The only warning is that Lake Austin can have some big waves. So, your dog has to be real comfortable in the water.
Can I rent your kayak or paddleboard during the week for a few days and have them delivered?
- Yes. On occasion we do deliver kayaks and paddleboards to other lakes. Just give us a call and we’ll see if we can help you out.
Are there any age restrictions for renting?
- All renters must be at least 18. If under 18, a minor waiver must be signed by a parent, guardian, or legal custodian, however the parent does not have to join them on the water.
- Any renters under 14 cannot paddle alone.
What’s included in my rental?
- All rentals include life jackets, and basic instruction on kayaking and Stand Up Paddle boarding.
- Boat rentals include everything you need for an awesome day on the water, including tubes, wakeboards, surf boards, inflatable couch, skis, ropes, safety vests, cooler (if needed), free gas for duration of the rental, a bimini top (for shade), and a phone/aux cord and bluetooth for the stereo system.
- Swim suit, towel, sunscreen, water or other beverages. The kayaks will hold a small ice chest (around 6 drink size).
- Actually, you can check the wind on Lake Austin with this handy little wind finder website before you come out. If you’re a beginner, anything over 13MPH is probably going to make it tough.